Re: current C API draft.

It's expired.  You can fetch it from <http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/>.

>This document is also no longer listed in http://www.ietf.org/ids.by.wg/ldapext.html
>
>Can anyone comment on the state of the API?

The standardization effort has stopped.  LDAPext is concluding
after realization that it wasn't going to be able reach
consensus on a number of technical issues (such as how errors
should be reported).

We (OpenLDAP) are just "maintaining" the LDAP C API "as is" for
now.  However, I think many in the community would welcome
a redesigned API specification/implementation which was designed
from the ground up to provide better error handling, better
threaded application support, better layering (LDAP session
v. Directory session), etc..

This would make a good project for someone interested in
API design.

Kurt