Re: suffixalias not implemented in add.c

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 05:02:14PM +0200, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
> Lars Uffmann wrote:
>
> > It seems to be straightforward to add support for SuffixAlias in add.c.
> > Are there any Reasons I might not oversee, why SuffixAlias schould not be
> > supported with ADD?
>
> If you have suggestions, please come in. However I cannot figure
> out how one can alias something that does not exist yet (which is
> a prerequisite to an add operation).

I would like to be able to add a DN even if it is only a SuffixAlias:

# sample slapd.conf:
suffix "o=mediaways.net"
suffixAlias "o=mediaways,c=de" "ou=mediaways,o=mediaways.net"

# sample LDIF
dn: uid=test,o=mediaways,c=de
chgangetype: add
[ ... ]

Doing an ADD using above LDIF schould succeed, rewriting/aliasing the DN to
"uid=test,ou=mediaways,o=mediaways.net"

I need this to be compatible with all Applications while moving our LDAP
Tree to the new suffix, this whould help a lot with the migration
process.

regards,
--
Lars Uffmann, <lars.uffmann@mediaways.net>, fon: +49 5246 80 1330