Re: Continuation references with empty dn

On Mon, Oct 09, 2000 at 07:03:06AM -0700, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
> The continuation handling technical specification states that
> if an empty DN is returned in the LDAP search reference, the
> operation is to progressed using the original base DN.

2251 states that this is the case for referrals, while section 4.5.3
on continuation references states that the dn must be specified and
must be followed. It does not give any exceptions. The Netscape client
also does what I want. Where can I find the continuation handling
technical specification?

Stig