Re: OpenLDAP-2.0-alpha & varargs or stdarg

Good morning OpenLDAP!

At 10:38 19/08/99 -0700, you wrote:
>At 06:49 PM 8/19/99 +0200, Frédéric Poels wrote:
>>Good evening!
>>
>>It looks like the configure script for openLDAP 2.0 alpha has trouble
>>deciding if it should use varargs or stdarg on AIX 4.2.1. If finally
>>managed to compile the beast by forcing it to use varargs (I modified
>>ac/stdargs which is really a patch but not a correction). Has anybody had
>>similar problems?
>
>I hope not!  If your compiler supports stdargs, then we need to sort
>out why the detection failed.
>
>Which compiler are you using?   2.0-alpha, by default, will use "cc".
>If you want to use a different compiler, you must explicitly say so.
>	env CC=gcc ./configure

I have to use cc_r on AIX to enable threads, which is just a disguised cc
that uses a special crt, relies on libc_r.a, automatically links with
libpthreads.a and does some other goodies.

>What happens when you:
>	env CPPFLAGS=-DHAVE_STDARG ./configure

I don't know. I'm now trying with openLDAP-2.0-alpha2 and it's not even
able to find a thread library...

>Does your compiler define __STDC__ ?

No it doesn't... (I know, I know, AIX...).

>Does stdarg.h exist?  is HAVE_STDARG_H defined in portable.h?

Of course stdargs.h does exist. As for portable.h, I'm now stuck before its
generation...

>Kurt

Frederic.