[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: (ITS#8677) back-sock segfaults on CONTINUE (database sock)
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: (ITS#8677) back-sock segfaults on CONTINUE (database sock)
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 18:27:30 +0000
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
> Version: 2.4.45
> OS: Linux
> Submission from: (NULL) (184.108.40.206)
> When using back-sock (database sock) and the external sock listener returns
> CONTINUE then slapd seg faults.
> Yes, returning CONTINUE is only allowed when using back-sock as overlay.
> But slapd should not seg fault and rather return as LDAP result:
> result: 80 Other (e.g., implementation specific) error
> text: CONTINUE not allowed for back-sock
No. This is a configuration error and it's appropriate to halt the server and
force it to be fixed.
-- Howard Chu
CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/
Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/