Re: "connections" (Was: protocol-22 comments)

Kurt D. Zeilenga writes:
>> I propose we:
>> /s/LDAP connection/connection
>> /s/TLS connection/TLS layer (yes I know layer is redundant)
>> /s/association/LDAP association
>
> I suggest:
>    "stream" to refer to the underlying transport layer.
>    "connection" to the LDAP layer (where LDAP PDUs are exchanged)
>         (and used without regard to whether protective-layers are
>         or are not in place).

I thought "connection" usually meant something close to what you call
"stream".  E.g. to "close the connection" means that the communication
is torn down completely.

How about "connection" for your "stream", and "LDAP <layer? stream?>"
for your "connection"?

>    "protective layer" to refer to either a TLS or SASL layer

Or e.g. IPsec, I hope.  Since you say: