Re: Antw: Re: Openldap support SHA-256 or SHA-3.

--On Tuesday, January 14, 2020 9:12 AM +0100 Ulrich Windl <Ulrich.Windl@rz.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:

As Howard already noted, what we're looking for is something like
Argon2,  not further SSHA derivatives.

There may be a security benefit like going from paranoid to triple
paranoid, but for real life I think users' poor passwords and the
handling of those (keeping them in unsafe memory, fishing, post-it
stickers, etc.) gives real attackers easier means go "get the password".

The OpenLDAP Foundation can only take responsibility for its software, not user habits. Security of the software it provides is a project priority.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>