Re: Openldap support SHA-256 or SHA-3.

--On Tuesday, January 7, 2020 11:25 PM +0100 Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com> wrote:

AFAICS RFC 3112 was never implemented in OpenLDAP. Thus I'd consider
this to be rather irrelevant here.

Incorrect, it's clearly implemented in slapd. Whether it's enabled is a different question, as it's IFDEF'd behind SLAPD_AUTHPASSWD. ;)

In any case, I've been advocating for several years now to get rid of SSHA as the default hashing mechanism and replace it with something that may actually have some security value.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>