Re: Openldap support SHA-256 or SHA-3.

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

> --On Tuesday, January 7, 2020 10:44 AM -0800 rammohan ganapavarapu <rammohanganap@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Does openldap support  SHA-256 or SHA-3 schemes? to address the below
>> issues?
>
> There is a module in contrib that is included with most vendor builds that allows up to SSHA512.  I've long suggested using it.  The default of SSHA1 is
> mandated by RFC (which IMHO needs updating at this point).

Just to note, both SHA2 and SHA3 are designed to be cheap to compute and easy to implement
in hardware. Neither of these are desirable properties for a password hash. At this point
we should only be talking about Argon2, which won the password hashing competition.

https://github.com/P-H-C/phc-winner-argon2

As always - patches welcome.

--
  -- Howard Chu