Re: Replication of olcAccess

On 1/13/20 11:53 AM, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> Nachricht <771d7e42-1e54-a783-92cb-e3ead597ad12@stroeder.com>:
>> On 1/7/20 8:13 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
>>> The admin guide discusses how to replicate cn=config.
>>
>> Hmm, I vaguely remember that the conclusion on this list was that
>> replicating cn=config is currently not considered reliable enough.
>
> But it works "well enough" for many cases. I think: Let users try it, and let
> users decide whether it does the job.

Nobody and nothing prevents a user from trying anything and be happy
with that.

But "users" have to be well aware of what they can expect to be a stable
and supported configuration (after meeting prerequisites). So that they
don't complain and blame others later.

E.g. in case of replicating cn=config "users" have to understand the
strong dependency on stable IP addresses and or hostnames used for
replicas in LDAP URL part of the serverID. Which is not really obvious
to beginners.

Ciao, Michael.