Re: structural objectclass checking

On 1/8/20 7:07 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> --On Wednesday, January 8, 2020 3:25 PM +0000 Markus.Storm@t-systems.com
> wrote:
>
>> is there a way to disable OpenLDAP checking entries for existence of
>> STRUCTURAL objectclasses?
>
> No.  This is a hard requirement.  The best option would be to fix the
> bad data in your upstream system.

One possibility to fix this:
Define a new STRUCTURAL object class derived from different other
STRUCTURAL object classes.

E.g. in Æ-DIR I'm using this to provide hybrid posixGroup entries
serving RFC 2307 and RFC 2307bis groups:

( 1.3.6.1.4.1.5427.1.389.100.6.1
  NAME 'aeGroup'
  DESC 'AE-DIR: Group entry'
  SUP ( groupOfEntries $ posixGroup $ groupOfURLs $ aeObject )
  STRUCTURAL
  MUST description
  MAY ( aeMemberZone $ aeDept $ aeLocation ) )

This works because unlike other LDAP directory servers OpenLDAP supports
multiple class inheritance.

Ciao, Michael.