Re: Antw: Re: OpenLDAP 2.5 plans and community engagement

--On Wednesday, July 31, 2019 8:51 AM +0200 Ulrich Windl <Ulrich.Windl@rz.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:
Actually this just is the impression I got reading this list. I read a lot
about running out of memory, having rebuild the databases as they grow
out of bounds, having a database size three time the data size, lock-ups,
and all the stuff.
I'm not spreading FUD. I'm just worried from what I read here.

You are spreading FUD because you literally have no idea what you're talking about. Get some experience with back-mdb vs back-hdb/bdb. back-mdb does fragment. So do back-bdb & back-hdb. Outside of some issues when back-mdb was brand new, I've not had the corruption issues with it that I continually had with back-bdb/hdb. Additionally there are a number of known bugs in BDB and back-bdb/hdb themselves (particularly around cache misses) that simply do not exist in back-mdb.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>