Antw: Re: Help need with replication

>>> Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@symas.com> schrieb am 22.05.2019 um 01:22 in
Nachricht <7CB2BA3B4C501BA796399E09@[192.168.1.39]>:

[...]
> The updateref configuration is only valid on replicas and should not be
> present on a producer.
[...]

Reading that, I read an older manual page; it says:
       olcUpdateDN: <dn>
              This  option  is  only  applicable  in  a  slave  database.   It
              specifies  the  DN  permitted  to  update  (subject  to   access
              controls)  the  replica.  It is only needed in certain push-mode
              replication scenarios.  Generally, this DN  should  not  be  the
              same as the rootdn used at the master.

       olcUpdateRef: <url>
              Specify  the  referral  to  pass  back when slapd(8) is asked to
              modify a replicated local  database.   If  multiple  values  are
              specified, each url is provided.

So I guess some of the comments for oldUpdateDN also apply to olcUpdateRef, but it's not obvious for the user. In case the current manual page still isn't that explicit about that, I suggest to change it to match the intended semantics.

Regards,
Ulrich