Re: and resolved: Monitor configuration... also for the manual

Hi Howard,

On 09.02.2019 at 04:40, Howard Chu wrote:
Arno Lehmann wrote:

So, this is my proposal to add to the manual. Feel free to use it, itf needed, tell me where I have to assign legal permission!

Please read the website. That's why it's there.

http://www.openldap.org/devel/contributing.html

Thanks for the pointer.

My understanding is that you'd expect a patch against the current git head. That, at this time, is something I hesitate to do, mostly because it's way outside my usual work...

I also see that a very basic patch to add the bare essentials has not (yet) been incorporated, because it's not generic enough. Thus, I fear my longer text would be even less suitable.

As I have not received any feedback on the actual text suggestion, I'll keep this on the backburner for now. If anybody involved in maintaining the documentation stumbles over it, all the better, I'm happy to attach the public domain assignment as needed.

Let's see if I find more things where I believe to be able to provide contents... if things start piling up, I may end up checking out the git tree :-)

Cheers,

Arno

--
Arno Lehmann