Re: Antw: Re: Upgrading from 2.4.26 to 2.4.41: Stricter checks prevent startup?

--On Monday, October 29, 2018 9:03 AM +0100 Ulrich Windl <Ulrich.Windl@rz.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:

Yes, you are right, regarding the docs, but still I wonder, why all the
different URIs for a multi-homed LDAP-server should not use the same ID:
If the ID designates the database where the data came from, that would
make sense. Forcing different server IDs for every interface the server
uses does not make that much sense to me.

That's not how things work and that is not what the documentation is saying. You specify only a single serverID and URI *per server* not per URI that the server uses.

" Non‑zero  IDs are  required when using multimaster replication and
each  master must have a unique non‑zero ID."

Note the words "must have" and "unique".

Yes, that's the specification, but does it really make sense?

Yes.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>