Re: Upgrading from 2.4.26 to 2.4.41: Stricter checks prevent startup?

--On Thursday, October 25, 2018 9:59 AM +0200 Ulrich Windl <Ulrich.Windl@rz.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:

Hi!

I wonder whether there is a summary of additional checks that may prevent
2.4.41 from starting in a 2.4.26 MMR configuration (What I did was
upgrading SLES11 SP4 to SLES12 SP3). What I found out is:

1) olcServerID does not longer accept fifferent URIs mapping to the same
ID, like here (" slapd[3299]: olcServerID: value #1: <olcServerID>
multiple server ID URLs matched, only one is allowed 1"): olcServerID: 1
ldap://host.domain.org:389
olcServerID: 1 ldaps://host.domain.org:636
(The idea was that whatever URI is used to contact the server, the server
ID is the same) As we do not actually use ldaps for replication that
second line could be dropped easily

It is clearly defined in the slapd-config(5)/slapd.conf(5) man pages that the serverID parameter is REQUIRED to be unique. You have "1" twice.

" Non-zero IDs are required when using multimaster replication and each master must have a unique non-zero ID."

Note the words "must have" and "unique".

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>