Re: Search memberOf

On 8/8/18 3:19 PM, Arianna Milazzo wrote:
Ok, I understand that it isn't supported, but at the moment I can't try other solutions.

Well, feel free to ignore good advice and
bang your head against the wall.

*But with this (then on the people)*
Search base: dc=pigreco,dc=it
Filter: (memberOf=cn=groupname,ou=group,dc=pigreco,dc=it)

*I have no result and in the log I read:
get_ava: illegal value for attributeType memberof*

I would simply not expect overlay slapo-memberof to correctly work with back-sql for exactly the reasons Quanah pointed out.

> It's frustrating!

Sometimes a first idea does not work. I understand that it's personally frustrating. This also happens to me several times a week when trying new things. But another solution has been pointed out and so there is a way out of the frustration.

Ciao, Michael.