Re: Client IP in Loadbalanced configuration

On 06. juli 2018 10:37, Pascal kolijn wrote:
I have a haproxy loadbalanced ldap service. I would like to see the
'original' client IP in the openldapserver log files, because now I only
see the haproxies IP addresses for all sessions.

I understand that haproxy has a 'feature' called the PROXY protocol
[https://www.haproxy.org/download/1.8/doc/proxy-protocol.txt] that adds
the original IP as metadata somewhere in the request, (...)

I've never heard of PROXY protocol support in OpenLDAP.
Our site uses LVS for load balancing, it preserves client IP addresses
when used in Tunneling mode or Direct Routing mode.  Not in NAT mode.

--
Hallvard