Re: Incosistent config after schema modification

Ervin Hegedüs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 12:17:47PM -0800, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
>> --On Wednesday, January 10, 2018 9:11 PM +0100 Ervin Hegedüs
>> <airween@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> is there any relevant difference between the replace and
>>> delete/add methods, which triggered this state in the DB?
>>
>> Jon already answered that.  When you use replace, it replaces *all* values
>> with what you supply in the operation.
>
> but he wrote the answer for MULTI-VALUE's attribute, but I'm
> useing SINGLE-VALUE - or em I missing?

While the attribute types you're defining might be SINGE-VALUE the
attribute 'olcAttributeTypes' you're adding the attribute type
descriptions to is indeed multi-valued. Otherwise you could not add
multiple values (here attribute type descriptions) to it.

>> Don't use replace.
>
> right, after this issue I'll never use it :).
>
> But I still don't understand, that when I replace the *all*
> values to the supplied type(s), then why disappears the "other"
> attributes, which weren't listed in transaction?

Because that's how LDAP modify operations with MOD_REPLACE work.

See description of "operation" herein:

Also it's a good idea to take a look at Howard's draft about ordered
entries and values because 'olcAttributeTypes' is declared with X-ORDERED:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chu-ldap-xordered

Ciao, Michael.