Re: ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Can't contact LDAP server

On 19 Nov 2017, at 16:59, Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com> wrote:

> Note that ldap_initialize() does not really open the connection.

Yes, that I knew. But it does work in the ldap_connect_to_host() at the
beginning, it’s just the ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s() a few microseconds
later that fails for some reason..

> I suspect the issue is in your load-balancer setup.

Yes, I’m absolutely convinced of that. That’s why I mentioned several times.

The fact that it works “eventually” (within two hours is the last number I
have) is proof of that. The question is what/why [it takes so long to start
working].

The listener (port 636 only) is there (and working almost immediately), which
is indicated by the fact that the initial connection works), so the
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s() should work through that one, right?

Have anyone tried running OpenLDAP behind HAProxy? Anything special
one needs to do?