Re: ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Can't contact LDAP server

Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
> I tried all day yesterday, and I could do the initial connection, but
> not get any results:
>
>     ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Can't contact LDAP server (-1)
>
> I see the connection in syslog on the LDAP server, but don’t get any
> results back.

Note that ldap_initialize() does not really open the connection. The
first LDAP operation function called will actually open the connection.

I suspect the issue is in your load-balancer setup. Especially if you
see slapd logging the request to syslog but your client does not receive
a result.

Ciao, Michael.