Re: Load testing bind performance

Tim wrote:
> I've used the python-ldap library to simulate other varieties of
> interactions successfully, but when it comes to binds, each interaction
> seems to generate a substantial amount of traffic behind the scenes, so
> suspect that *things* are happening that is artificially limiting the
> bind rate/s.

python-ldap itself is a pretty thin wrapper on top of libldap.
Especially if you're using LDAPObject.simple_bind() or
LDAPObject.simple_bind_s() [1] there is definitely no "traffic behind
the scenes".

So if you have overhead on the client side I suspect your own Python
code adds this.

Ciao, Michael.

[1]
https://www.python-ldap.org/doc/html/ldap.html#ldap.LDAPObject.simple_bind