Re: Where is the '-C' option to 'ldapsearch' documented?

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 11:15:58PM +0100, Howard Chu wrote:
> The option was removed from the documentation back in 2002. Most likely any
> discussion would have been on the openldap-software mailing list, which was
> used before openldap-technical was created.
>
> I suggest you look at
> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site:openldap.org+referral+ldapsearch

Yes, very clever.  Believe it or not, I am familiar with search
engines.

I was looking for specific references surrounding the topic of
removing the feature from ldapsearch.

You were at least kind enough to provide reference to a time frame
and mailing list; perhaps I can find something informative in the
archives there.

--
Brian Reichert				<reichert@numachi.com>
BSD admin/developer at large