Where is the '-C' option to 'ldapsearch' documented?

I was debugging some random issue involving pursuing referrals, and
found a note on this page:

  http://etutorials.org/Server+Administration/ldap+system+administration/Part+I+LDAP+Basics/Chapter+5.+Replication+Referrals+Searching+and+SASL+Explained/5.3+Advanced+Searching+Options/

And it makes this assertion:

  By default, the ldapsearch tool shipped with OpenLDAP 2 prints
  information about referral objects but does not automatically
  follow them.

  To follow the search referral, give the -C (chase referrals) option
  when you invoke ldapsearch:

And, by golly, it worked!

I'm using the openldap-ltb-2.4.39-2.el6.x86_64 RPM package, and
that package's manpage and 'ldapsearch --help' show nothing about
this option.

Is this a supported option?  Is it documented somewhere officially?
I couldn't find it after a quick search...

--
Brian Reichert				<reichert@numachi.com>
BSD admin/developer at large