Re: [Q] can I replicate several branches to the same slave from one master?

--On Friday, June 30, 2017 9:08 AM +0300 Zeus Panchenko <zeus@ibs.dn.ua> wrote:

Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@symas.com> wrote:

Wouldn't it be simpler to define ACLs on the master that limit what
the replication identity has access to that matches your filters?

emm ... I was sure I can not do that on the master side ... just I try
do that, I receive full data ...

Then likely your ACLs were incorrect?

looks like some more permittive acl works for the replica ... can I
somehow know which acl matched the replica? But I was trying to place
replABC ACLs to the end of the list and still was not able to limit data
according the filter

I suggest reading the slapd.access(5) man page and the OpenLDAP Admin guide. As clearly noted in the documentation, ACLs (generally) stop processing on the *first* match. So, depending on your ACLs, adding your ACLS at the end of the list probably meant they were never evaluated.

I would also note that your stanza limiting what attrs are replicated
is missing the operational attributes that are necessary for sync
replication to function, so I would fully expect errors.

do you mean entryCSN and entryUUID ?

Yes, sorry, I missed them at the start of the list of attributes. ;) So that part seems ok.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>