Re: [Q] can I replicate several branches to the same slave from one master?

--On Tuesday, June 27, 2017 2:04 AM -2100 Zeus Panchenko <zeus@ibs.dn.ua> wrote:
syncrepl rid=123
provider=ldap://master.example:389
starttls=critical
searchbase="ou=ABC,ou=Sendmail,dc=example"
bindmethod=simple
binddn="uid=replABC,ou=repl,dc=example"
credentials="***"
tls_cacert=/usr/local/etc/openldap/ssl/ca.crt
tls_cert=/usr/local/etc/openldap/ssl/ABC.crt
tls_key=/usr/local/etc/openldap/ssl/ABC.key
tls_reqcert=try
type=refreshAndPersist
retry="60 +"
logbase="cn=example-accesslog"
logfilter="(&(objectClass=auditWriteObject)(reqResult=0))"
syncdata=accesslog
- ---[ slave configuration quotation end   ]----------------------------

Wouldn't it be simpler to define ACLs on the master that limit what the replication identity has access to that matches your filters?

I would also note that your stanza limiting what attrs are replicated is missing the operational attributes that are necessary for sync replication to function, so I would fully expect errors. As Andrew already noted (and you later fixed), syncrepl RIDs are required to be unique, as documented in the man page. Given that OpenLDAP functions off of CSN values, partial replication is tricky, as the master can then have a contextCSN that does not correspond to anything in a partially replicated database, depending on how you slice it.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>