Using TLS

Hi,

I’m seeing some critical error which causes the application program to exit/terminate when ldap_start_tls_s(LDAP-handle, NULL, NULL) is called. Tracing the code execution, ldap_start_tls_s => ldap_int_tls_start => tls_init, it appears the crash is at the statement “return impl->ti_tls_init()” in the tls_init function.

Can someone give a pointer to help debugging this? And does OpenLDAP need to be linked to OpenSSL library for TLS to work?

I use LDAPv3, port 389 and the default LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_NEVER option. HAVE_TLS is defined but not LDAP_R_COMPILE.

Thanks,

Daniel