Re: Is there directory schema for storing information on States and Corporations?

John Lewis wrote:
> I am bouncing around a couple of projects that involve collecting and
> storing information about Corporations and States.
>
> Is there a already existing schema that will kind of fit this data in
> general?

There are many such schemas out there.

As a starting point the LDAPv3 standard defines:

object class 'country':

object class 'organization':

Some more in the COSINE LDAP/X.500 schema:

> The kind of data is going to be like taking the the top of of Corporations and State's
> inetOrgPerson data and stuffing it under one tree and bundling public data with it
> such as contracts a company have with a state on record.

In general relying on geographic locations for structuring the directory information tree
(DIT) like defined in X.521 already failed years ago. In niche use-cases it might work.

Ciao, Michael.