Re: OpenLDAP Tutorial on YouTube Channel

Hi,

Am Sat, 25 Mar 2017 17:40:18 +0530
schrieb Rajesh R <rajesh.r@fedji.com>:

> Hello,
>
> At the outset, thank you to each member of the OpenLDAP project for
> all the hard work in developing a great LDAP Server.
>
> I'm Rajesh Rajasekharan, and have spent a great deal of my time in
> various Organizations teaching several Products, including their LDAP
> Servers. While searching for good OpenLDAP resources, I couldn't
> really find a systematic tutorial for the same, so thought of making
> one myself. As a result, I have a playlist of 19 vidoes on OpenLDAP
> on my YouTube channel. If/when you've some time to spare, request you
> to please take a look at it and kindly advise if I could contribute
> in any other ways to this great Project.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfO6SFqcY2PrDR5yct96n4qfgMmh6g0eP

I appreciate your efforts, as that is what the LDAP and OpenLDAP
community needed. But if you produce documentation for public use,
please take the RFC's and Manual Pages into consideration.
I myself have produced some documentation on LDAP and OpenLDAP, so I
know the pitfall.
You may consider to initiate some final editorial group, in order to
produce documentation that is compliant to X.500 and RFC 4510.
As an example: a ldap filter has to be included in brackets, but your
demo neglects brackets.
If this youtube channel can become a semi offical LDAP channel I would
be glad to be included.
If this years LDAPCon is going to happen, I would like you to invite
you,in order to discuss procedures.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung