Re: 2.4.44 + ITS 8432 patch segfault in modify_add_values

--On Wednesday, February 15, 2017 12:15 PM -0800 "Paul B. Henson" <henson@acm.org> wrote:

On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 09:04:48AM -0800, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

Hm, so there is <http://www.openldap.org/its/index.cgi/?findid=8413>,
but  not sure that's the same issue.

I do have a 4-way MMR setup, but that seems to be the only simularity.
It's crashing in mods.c, not search.c, and from a segfault when actually
dereferencing a null pointer, rather than from an assertion failure
checking for one. Well, I suppose the other simularity is that it
happens during replication.

Fortunately it's not that frequent of an occurance, and our load
balancer pops the load over to the failover master fairly quickly when
it happens, we usually only lose one transaction that I need to go clean
up. It typically happens during the heavy update load of our daily
identity management syncronization batch job.

I would suggest filing an ITS with the full backtrace info, so I can track it. :) It could be useful to have the entry data from the accesslog as well for the failed replication op, as we can see the failed entry DN in the output of your backtrace. For example:

reqStart=20161225113103.000003Z,cn=accesslog

In some ways, although it's hard to be certain, it almost looks like it is complaining that the end operation couldn't be completed (I.e., the account being modified didn't have the attribute/value pair in the entry that the delete was being requested for).

Does the operation complete successfully after slapd is restarted?

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>