Re: ldapsearch filter question

Ralf Mattes wrote:
> Furthermore - are you shure you want to search for groupofnames and not
> posixgroup? Group ID numbers are usually used with POSIX groups and since
> both posixgroup and groupoufnames are structural groups they can't mix. It's
> actually pretty unlikely that your server holds groupofnames with a numeric
> group id.

Note that there's RFC2307bis [1] which uses groupOfNames as STRUCTURAL object
class and posixGroup as supplement AUXILIARY object class. Some NSS/LDAP clients
can use this schema.

In Æ-DIR I use multiple inheritance for the 'aeGroup' [2] STRUCTURAL object
class to combine groupOfEntries (which permits empty groups) and classic
posixGroup for backward compability with NSS/LDAP clients which are only capable
to use 'memberUID' as member attribute. Furthermore slapo-constraint ensures
that attribute value sets of 'member' and 'memberUID' are in sync.

( 1.3.6.1.4.1.5427.1.389.100.6.1
  NAME 'aeGroup'
  DESC 'AE-DIR: Group entry'
  SUP ( groupOfEntries $ posixGroup $ groupOfURLs $ aeObject )
  STRUCTURAL
  MUST description
  MAY aeDept )

Multiple object class inheritance is not possible with all LDAP servers (e.g.
not possible with 389-DS).

Ciao, Michael.

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-howard-rfc2307bis#section-4

[2] https://www.ae-dir.com/docs.html#schema-oc-aeGroup