Re: ldapsearch filter question

Am Dienstag, 03. Januar 2017 21:45 CET, Brian Reichert <reichert@numachi.com> schrieb:

> On Tue, Jan 03, 2017 at 08:57:59PM +0000, Zhang,Jun wrote:
> > ldapsearch -x -b dc=myinstitute,dc=edu uid=user1 gidnumber
> > gives me gidnumber=1234
> > I then tried,
> > ldapsearch -x -b dc=myinstitute,dc=edu "(&(objectclass=groupofnames)(gidnumber=1234))"
> > intending to find out the name of the group, but I got nothing.
>
> Did the DN in your first search have a 'groupofnames' objectclass?

Furthermore - are you shure you want to search for groupofnames and not posixgroup?
Group ID numbers are usually used with POSIX groups and since both posixgroup and
groupoufnames are structural groups they can't mix. It's actually pretty unlikely that your server
holds groupofnames with a numeric group id.

HTH Ralf Mattes