Re: OpenLDAP performance and slapindex

--On Thursday, December 15, 2016 8:27 PM +0000 "Real, Elizabeth (392K)" <Elizabeth.Real@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:

# less /var/log/ldap.log | grep index

Dec 15 12:22:01  slapd[27852]: <= bdb_equality_candidates: (uid) not
indexed

Hi Liz,

As I noted previously, you need to look at the actual search being executed. This is because, as Michael noted, indexing is not necessarily always the best solution performance wise. I'd guess that you likely need to add indices on those attributes, but I can't say for certain w/o the corresponding log lines that caused those warnings to be generated. And without those log lines, it is not possible to determine what /type/ of indexing should be used if it is proven necessary.

Regards,
Quanah

Product Architect
Symas Corporation