Re: UNKNOWN attributeDescription "ATTRIBUTE1" inserted

Once again thanks for taking your time to followup on this.

I've tried slapcat before to dump to a file and couldn't find the attributes that were mentioned.
So today I did it again (just to make sure) and the dump doesn't seem to hold the attributes.

What I did get is : The first database does not allow slapcat; using the first available one (2).

So then I went to the directory and just grepped for the attribute name and it seems that it's matching on a binary file: cn=accesslog/log.000000123123 (changed the number to post).

This seems a good and a bad thing: good as in the actual data has no issues. Bad as in when I restart the service we get the message about the attributes. Is there something slapd does with those log files when it starts that explains it being printed on the screen/syslog?

I only have some "spare" time once in a while to further investigate this as it's not a high priority but I'd like to get rid of it.

PenguinWhispererThe . wrote:
> Is "cleaning" my data somewhere like a slapcat and slapadd? This is a
> replicated environment. Will those changes be propagated? I'd think not as
> the import probably keeps the same timestamps.

You have to start from scratch like after a full restore (cleaning the databases
before slapadd-ing the sanitized data).

Ciao, Michael.