RE: openldap 2.4.44 + ITS 8432 patch still infinitely replicates

Also see ITS 8448.

--Quanah

--On Thursday, July 21, 2016 5:47 PM -0700 Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com> wrote:

I would note that I've opened up two new ITSes for problems that only
occur on systems that have the ITS8432 fix.  Still waiting on fixes for
those, which is why I haven't pushed the fix into RE24 yet.

ITSes 8460 and 8462.

--Quanah

--On Thursday, July 21, 2016 2:59 PM -0700 "Paul B. Henson"
<henson@acm.org> wrote:

From: Howard Chu
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2016 3:36 AM

The fix for #8432 only prevents the redundant mod from being processed
on a particular node. If other nodes are still accepting the redundant
op
then yes,
it will continue to propagate. So yes, you need the patched code on all
nodes.

Okay, thanks for the clarification. I usually stage updates to avoid a
complete outage at any given time. It's interesting though that I had
never seen this problem running 2.4.41 until I introduced a 2.4.44 system
into the mix, and then it went away once I reverted that system back to
2.4.41. I wonder why that combination caused it to pop up suddenly. I'll
have to schedule a downtime window and update them all at once and see
what happens.

By any chance have you had the time to look at ITS 8444? The reporter
says he sees a similar circular replication issue when the memberOf
overlay is enabled, which we also use.

Thanks much.

Platform Architect
Manager, Systems Team