Re: first time user

Kaveh,

Am 27.06.2016 um 18:36 Uhr schrieb Kaveh Ehsani:
I am using this for the first time so if there are protocols to follow
please let me know.
please, describte your problem in the subject as clear as possible!

and try to run the same ldapmodify as:

ldapmodify -H ldapi:/// -x -D "cn=config" -W <<EOF
dn: olcDatabase={1}monitor,cn=config
changetype: modify
replace: olcAccess
olcAccess: {0}to *
       by dn.base="gidNumber=0+uidNumber=0,cn=peercred,cn=external,cn=auth" read
       by dn.base="cn=Manager,dc=${MYDOMAIN},dc=${MYTLD}" read
       by anonymous search
EOF

and I get this error:

ldap_start_tls: Can't contact LDAP server (-1)
What does an corresponding ldapsearch say?
You just posted what the client logged.
What does the server log say?
Does the server still run?

I think my binding inside sssd.conf on the client side is incorrect for
the newuser01 I have added to the ldapserver

Useldap_default_bind_dn = cn=newuser01,dc=example,dc=com
I think your pure ldapmodify example here has nothing zu do with sssd.

Marc