first time user

Hi Everyone,

I am using this for the first time so if there are protocols to follow please let me know. I have a problem with binding from my client to provider as the provider does not allow anonymous binding, I am also new to openldap, and it is centos 7 I am using which no longer uses slapd.conf. I initially used this to change the monitor ACL:

ldapmodify -H ldapi:/// -x -D "cn=config" -W <<EOF
dn: olcDatabase={1}monitor,cn=config
changetype: modify
replace: olcAccess
olcAccess: {0}to *
       by dn.base="gidNumber=0+uidNumber=0,cn=peercred,cn=external,cn=auth" read
       by dn.base="cn=Manager,dc=${MYDOMAIN},dc=${MYTLD}" read
       by * none
EOF
Which worked fined. Then tried to modifying it by adding:

'by anonymous search'

and try to run the same ldapmodify as:

ldapmodify -H ldapi:/// -x -D "cn=config" -W <<EOF
dn: olcDatabase={1}monitor,cn=config
changetype: modify
replace: olcAccess
olcAccess: {0}to *
       by dn.base="gidNumber=0+uidNumber=0,cn=peercred,cn=external,cn=auth" read
       by dn.base="cn=Manager,dc=${MYDOMAIN},dc=${MYTLD}" read
       by anonymous search
EOF
and I get this error:

ldap_start_tls: Can't contact LDAP server (-1)

I think my binding inside sssd.conf on the client side is incorrect for the newuser01 I have added to the ldapserver

Useldap_default_bind_dn = cn=newuser01,dc=example,dc=com

Thanks for all the feed backs.