Re: "LDAP ease modify restrictions" support

--On Monday, February 22, 2016 10:00 PM +0100 Radovan Semancik <radovan.semancik@evolveum.com> wrote:

On 02/22/2016 05:57 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

Right. Even though the situation is not that easy when going through
abstractions such as JNDI

Wow, I'm surprised anyone is still using something as utterly broken
as JNDI with LDAP.  My bug about the fact JNDI can't even properly to
30 seconds is still open after over a decade.  I'd strongly advise
finding a different Java API for working with LDAP (We use UnboundID's
LDAP API).

Unfortunately yes. We have migrated to another API (Apache) almost
completely. But there is still some legacy code from the old Sun times
that is built on top of JNDI. It will take some time for this code to die
out. And obviously JNDI is still somehow used in the wild. E.g. Spring
LDAP library is built on top of JNDI.

Sounds like a good reason not to use Spring. ;)

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc.
A division of Synacor, Inc