Re: rebuilding the DIT

On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 4:46 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com> wrote:
> --On Thursday, February 11, 2016 4:38 PM -0600 Timothy Keith
> <timothy.g.keith@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I don't know how to fix this.   If I could reinitialize the dc=pubsys,
>> dc=com that would be okay too as there are relatively few users to
>> add.
>

> It's saying that you're missing a schema file for inetOrgPerson.  Schema is
> stored in the config database.  I.e., if your slapd is passed an option of
> -F /path/to/configdb then slapadd (and slapcat) should both also be passed
> an option to the same location.
>
> It would generally be impossible for you to be able to create entries in
> openldap that used inetorgPerson without the schema actually being present.
> So this would indicate that you're not providing the correct options to
> slapadd.  You provide virtually no useful information at what you're doing,
> so it becomes rather difficult to do anything but guess at what the causes
> of your issues are.
>

> --Quanah
>

> --
>
> Quanah Gibson-Mount
> Platform Architect
> Zimbra, Inc.
> --------------------
> Zimbra ::  the leader in open source messaging and collaboration
> A division of Synacor, Inc

This is the slapadd request :

slapadd  -F /etc/openldap/slapd.d  -l slapcat_backup.ldif
56bd1acf The first database does not allow slapadd; using the first
available one (2)
56bd1acf bdb_db_open: warning - no DB_CONFIG file found in directory
/var/lib/ldap: (2).
Expect poor performance for suffix "dc=example,dc=com".
slapadd: line 1: database #2 (dc=example,dc=com) not configured to
hold "dc=pubsys,dc=com"; no database configured for that naming