Re: rebuilding the DIT

--On Thursday, February 11, 2016 4:38 PM -0600 Timothy Keith <timothy.g.keith@gmail.com> wrote:

I don't know how to fix this.   If I could reinitialize the dc=pubsys,
dc=com that would be okay too as there are relatively few users to
add.

It's saying that you're missing a schema file for inetOrgPerson. Schema is stored in the config database. I.e., if your slapd is passed an option of -F /path/to/configdb then slapadd (and slapcat) should both also be passed an option to the same location.

It would generally be impossible for you to be able to create entries in openldap that used inetorgPerson without the schema actually being present. So this would indicate that you're not providing the correct options to slapadd. You provide virtually no useful information at what you're doing, so it becomes rather difficult to do anything but guess at what the causes of your issues are.

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc.
A division of Synacor, Inc