Re: BINDDN in ~/.ldaprc ignored(?)

On 02/09/16 10:28 +0100, Frank Thommen wrote:
BINDDN in ~/.ldaprc seems to be ignored or I'm doing something wrong.

/etc/openldap/ldap.conf is empty.

~/.ldaprc is:

$ cat ~/.ldaprc
BINDDN      <myBindDN>
BASE        <myBaseDN>
URI         ldaps://<myLDAPServer>
TLS_REQCERT never
$

ldapsearch returns an error if I don't declare the bindDN on the commandline:

$ ldapsearch -W -v cn=xyz
ldap_initialize( <DEFAULT> )
Enter LDAP Password:
SASL/GSSAPI authentication started
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Local error (-2)
additional info: SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error: Unspecified GSS failure. Minor code may provide more information (No Kerberos credentials available)
$

For SASL binds, specify SASL_AUTHCID instead; however this option will be
ignored by the sasl library for GSSAPI binds, in which case SASL_AUTHZID
may be used if you need to specify an authz identity.

For non-sasl binds, specify '-x' on your command line, which does make use
of BINDDN.

--
Dan White