Re: options to maintain computed attributes?

hello again,

I searched a bit and found a paper by luke howard about extending openldap
what is the state of native plugins with respect to slapi plugins?
which is better (read: simpler to implement) for the need expressed
below?
Indeed, I also found a comment by Howard Chu on
http://jpmens.net/2008/07/11/i-finally-get-openldap-triggers/
""""SLAPI is defined by Sun/Netscape, you can refer to their documentation.
Probably would do better discussing this on the openldap-technical
mailing list. And of course, I would have written a native slapd
overlay instead, SLAPI is slower and clumsier."

I was able to find some documentation about slapi on oracle site, but
I can't manage to find any docs about native plugins. maybe I'm just
stupid :-)
slapd.plugin manpage seems to be about slapi plugins only

for those who know slapi plugins: am I right to believe the computed
attribute created with "object" type plugins are dynamic? I mean they
are not stored in the backend but "created" each time the attribute is
requested, right?

thanks in advance for any insights. best regards,
Jephté CLAIN

--
Jephté CLAIN | Développeur, Intégrateur d'applications
Service Système d'Information