Re: Significance of name forms.

On 2015-04-30 13:37, Howard Chu wrote:
No. Name forms are only used when a DIT Structure Rule references them.

Are you sure? If yes, then please point out what's missing herein:

http://www.stroeder.com/img/LDAP_Schema_References.png

IMO it's the other way round:
You cannot use DIT Structure Rules without associated Name Forms.

The governing structure rule might limit the set of possible structural object classes in a part of a DIT but if absent or not applicable you can still limit to possible name form(s) for a chosen structural object class.

Also note that my web2ldap has full support for DIT Structure Rules and Name Forms. I've checked my code: Applicable name forms are determined by the structural object class, nothing else. I'm eager to correct any possible issue in my schema handling.

Ciao, Michael.