How to debug single object syncrepl failure

Hi,

I have a particular object in my LDAP database that is failing to replicate (using syncrepl between two slapd's running 2.4.31-1+nmu2 on Debian Wheezy), despite other objects succeeding to replicate. I'm not using a 'filter' configuration in my olcSyncrepl configuration that might exclude this particular object, and I've checked that the binddn I'm using has permission to see this object all the attributes of the object that isn't replicating.

The (sanitised) configuration on the consumer is:

dn: olcDatabase={1}hdb,cn=config
olcSyncrepl: {0}rid=104 provider=ldap://producer.example.com bindmethod=simple binddn="uid=replicator,ou=pseudoaccounts,dc=example,dc=com" credentials="..."
searchbase="dc=example,dc=com" logbase="cn=accesslog" logfilter="(&
(objectClass=auditWriteObject)(reqResult=0))" schemachecking=off type=refreshAndPersist
retry="60 +" syncdata=accesslog starttls=critical tls_reqcert=demand

On the producer the overlay configuration for the database being replicated is:

dn: olcOverlay={1}syncprov,olcDatabase={1}hdb,cn=config
objectClass: olcOverlayConfig
objectClass: olcSyncProvConfig
olcOverlay: {1}syncprov
olcSpCheckpoint: 100 600
olcSpSessionlog: 100
olcSpNoPresent: TRUE

If I follow the sanitising I did in the above, then the failing object would be uid=replicationcheck,ou=pseudoaccounts,dc=example,dc=com, and a successfully replicated object would be uid=geoffc,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com.

I've stopped slapd on the consumer and deleted all the /var/lib/ldap/ database files, to force re-replication. I get the same symptoms, this one object doesn't replicate, but lots of other objects do replicate.

Any tips on how to further debug this?

Many thanks,
--
Geoff Crompton, System Administrator