Re: adding VLV support to OpenLDAP 2.4.31

--On November 11, 2014 at 11:48:59 PM +0200 Igor Shmukler <igor.shmukler@gmail.com> wrote:

Thank you for your answer. I spent quite a lot of time reading various
man pages including the one for slaps.conf(5), of course.
As I mentioned, there is no slapd-config on my system. [How] is it
possible that system is configured cn=config without it?
Is there a way to determine whether slapd.conf is used and where the
daemon is trying to find it, short of doing a system call trace?

How do you know there is no slapd-config database on your system? That's what Ubuntu12 and later all use by default. I'm fairly certain yours does too. You can look at the startup script for slapd to see where it is pulling its config from possibly. IIRC, Ubuntu stores it under /etc/ldap/slapd.d, and their documentation confirms that: <https://help.ubuntu.com/lts/serverguide/openldap-server.html>

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc