Re: Replication : consumer to master server

--On November 7, 2014 at 3:02:57 PM +0100 Yannick Barbeaux <ybarbeaux@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello all,
I asked this question a few days ago but I guess I entered into too many
details so did not get any answer. So I will try to be as conscise as
possible this time:

After configuring and running a replication based on the
consumer-producer method (syncrepl), can a consumer become the master
ldap server (after shutting down the original master/producer) ?

I tried by removing the syncprov module on the consumer but without
success.

I've scripted that in the past. However, it is much better to simply configure MMR, and have no replicas at all (IMHO).

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc