Re: Openldap Master Slave configuration

--On November 7, 2014 at 10:25:59 AM +0100 "Elmopi, Stefano" <stefano.elmopi@sociale.it> wrote:

> and all are configured with olc.
All applications that use OpenLDAP for their login are configured to do
queries on slave and this creates problems with some options of Ppolicy,
Let me explain. I have configured the option that after a user wrong your
password 5 times, it is locked.
and here lies the problem, because the slave database is read-only and
then the block is not reported to the Master and the user does not lock
!!!
I read that you could do something using the Chain Overlay but I found
little documentation and everything I tried did not work.
Anyone have any ideas to suggest ??
Thanks

Several.

a) Get a current version of OpenLDAP, and stop using the broken builds shipped by RHEL b) Read the current man page for slapo-ppolicy, particularly the olcPPolicyForwardUpdates parameter

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc