Re: Syncrepl authentication via GSSAPI/SASL/Kerberos

--On Tuesday, September 30, 2014 2:30 PM -0400 Steven Presser <steve@pressers.name> wrote:

No; That bind DN is used only in simple authentication.  I am maintaining
them as separate accounts, for the time being.  One of my ACLs is:

access to *
         by dn.exact="cn=repl,dc=pressers,dc=name" read
         by dn.exact="uid=ldap/mordor.pressers.name,
cn=pressers.name,cn=gssapi,cn=auth" read
         by * break

Which I think ought to cover the permissions required pretty well. As you
can see, they have identical permissions.

Also, I just noticed an error introduced by copy-paste in my last email.
In both configs there is a floating "i" on the searchbase line.  That "i"
belongs at the end of "GSSAP" on the saslmech line.

Ok, well, without having your full configs available (minus passwords), one can only make guesses. ;)

I would start with binding as that ID using ldapwhoami, then move on to ldapsearch, etc, and verify all of that works as expected.

Server Architect
Zimbra, Inc.