Re: troubles while setting-up ldap server + pam

On 09/24/14 14:30 +0200, Ivaylo Ganchev wrote:
Hello,

I am installing openldap in my cathedra and am running into a strange
problem.

- When I use libnss_ldapd and libpam_ldapd, the communication is OK, but
it seems that the client is not asking for the userPassword agrument and
so, there is no way to login (it only asks for "loginShell cn gidNumber
uidNumber objectClass homeDirectory gecos uid" and then in another
request "shadowExpire shadowInactive shadowFlag shadowWarning
shadowLastChange uid shadowMin shadowMax"

See:

http://arthurdejong.org/nss-pam-ldapd/setup

and its troubleshooting steps, namely, getent passwd, getent shadow, and
debug mode.

In default configuration, you will not directly expose the userPassword
attribute to the client - a successful bind will authenticate the client's
credentials.

--
Dan White