Re: Consumer replication 0 entries fetched - CSN problem?

--On Tuesday, September 16, 2014 11:38 AM -0500 Josh Nielsen <jnielsen@hudsonalpha.org> wrote:

Yes, I used distro packages for Centos 6; and yes, I understand your
point. I may have the luxury of building openldap from scratch for
LDAP02, though I don't have the redundancy (the point of this whole
exercise) that I need to reinstall LDAP01 by building it from scratch.
That was an unfortunate mistake in hindsight that I stuck with the
distro package there. I suppose to start over I would have to make a
new server and slapcat the LDAP01 config? How would I carry over the
existing DB entries without using replication? I'm still a novice when
it comes to OLC.

As for the ACL, that was a result of my sloppy email editing. I
changed the name of the DNs. They actually match in my config. Once I
proof-of-concept the replication I will create replication-only user
DNs.

But nothing looks overtly amiss with my CSNs or UUIDs?

Hi Josh,

2.4.23 is known to have numerous bugs in sync replication. So even once you have your system configured correctly, there is no guarantee that your data will be correctly pushed out. I strongly advise you to read over the CHANGES file for everything fixed since 2.4.23 to the 2.4.40 release:

<http://www.openldap.org/devel/gitweb.cgi?p=openldap.git;a=blob_plain;f=CHANGES;h=00cd0a8facee33b1e125115a7bb49a623fe97a06;hb=refs/heads/OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_2_4>

In addition, there's no requirement that you build OpenLDAP yourself. You can obtain current OpenLDAP builds from Symas (<https://symas.com/>) or the LTB project (<http://ltb-project.org/wiki/download#openldap>) for deployment.

Regards,
Quanah

Server Architect
Zimbra, Inc.